Ethics and Privacy
ETHICS AND PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS
As a Professional Coach certified by the International Coach Federation (ICF), I acknowledge and agree to honor my ethical and legal obligations to my coaching clients and sponsors, my colleagues, and to the public at large. I pledge to comply with the ICF Code of Ethics (Rev Dec 2019) and to practice these standards with those whom I coach.
As a coach, I:
- Maintain, store and dispose of any records, including electronic files and communications, created during my coaching engagements in a manner that promotes confidentiality, security and privacy and complies with any applicable laws and agreements.
- Strive at all times to recognize my personal issues that may impair, conflict with or interfere with my coaching performance or my professional coaching relationships. I will promptly seek the relevant professional assistance and determine the action to be taken, including whether it is appropriate to suspend or terminate my coaching relationship(s) whenever the facts and circumstances necessitate.
- Seek to be conscious of any conflict or potential conflict of interest, openly disclose any such conflict and offer to remove myself when a conflict arises.
- Carefully explain and strive to ensure that, prior to or at the initial meeting, my coaching client and sponsor(s) understand the nature of coaching, the nature and limits of confidentiality, financial arrangements, and any other terms of the coaching agreement.
- Maintain the strictest levels of confidentiality with all client and sponsor information unless release is required by law.
I promise I will never sell or share your information with other parties. Your confidentiality and web security is just as important to me now as it always has been. Please view my updated Data Protection Policy, which is compliant with all data protection regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which went into effect May 25, 2018.
The GDPR policy, facilitated by the European Economic Area (EEA), requires that businesses share how data collected is used, how cookies are utilized, how information is stored, and confirming that a user’s info will be promptly deleted if they request it.