Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
WHAT IS COACHING?
WHAT IS TRANSFORMATIVE COACHING
WHO HIRES A COACH?
•Women and men who are yearning to know more about who they are and what their life purpose is.
•Men and women who want to get off the treadmill of endless self improvement and step onto the path of igniting their passion and thriving in life.
•Entrepreneurs, solo-preneurs, and small business owners, especially in professional services, who want to thrive without selling their souls or over-working themselves. Who want to have someone to be absolutely real with and bounce ideas around with as an invaluable partner for clarity and identifying their next steps.
•Women and men who have a feeling “something big” is nudging them, or seeking to emerge in their life.
•Men and women who have the courage to be bold, take risks, and step ‘outside the box’ with infectious enthusiasm and a good sense of humor.
HOW DOES COACHING WORK?
WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM YOU AS MY COACH?
You’re able to clear your mind chatter, sort through what’s happening in your life, identify options, and set priorities. You’ll hear the “hard truth” given with compassionate rigor, holding you accountable for your choices and commitments - without making you wrong.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
1. What has you interested in hiring a coach now (both in the sense of “for what purpose?” as well as “why now and not a few months ago or some time later this year”?)
2. What other coaching and/or mentoring relationships have you had, and what made them effective? Is there anything about them you would have liked to be different?
3. What draws you to me as a potential coach?
4. What do you hope to learn, accomplish, or change as a result of coaching?
5. How will you evaluate your progress?
6. What expectations, hopes, or requests do you have with respect to the structure or style of our work?
7. What, if anything, do you want to know about me?
HOW LONG WOULD I WORK WITH YOU?
Many successful people in all walks of life are finding that coaching is key to their peak performance, learning and enjoyment. Therefore, they choose to work with a coach on a continuing basis, sometimes with brief sabbaticals.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN COACHING AND THERAPY?
Coaches perceive clients to be whole, resourceful and creative, fully competent to live the lives they are meant to live. Rather than exploring and analyzing the past, we focus on the present, on your current challenges and how best to meet them. While many clients experience improvements in their mental and emotional health as they learn to set and reach the goals that are congruent with their values and that make the most of their resources, this is not the focus of a coaching relationship.
Clients come to coaching not because they need it, but because they are ready for it!
Click here to read a brief article that fleshes out the differences.